Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Perhaps That's What He Meant by Preachin' the Blues

Perhaps that's what he meant by Preachin' the Blues.

Temporary happiness offered by a beautiful woman in a parking lot as the music blared and the smell of night was repugnant, attractive. I've been in this situation before, I thought, and I began to inhale that temporary happiness (and it felt great) but then I remembered: I've been in this situation before. My Lord, she was beautiful (or at least beautiful to me...at that moment) but when you shake hands with the Devil (remember) the Devil shakes back, God-dammit. So I knew loneliness was inevitable but, when  Good and Evil failed me, like Love and Lust, Hugs and Drugs, I realized that my permanent happiness begins (and continues) with me walking away.

Perhaps that's what he meant by Preachin' the Blues.

No comments:

Post a Comment